Thursday, April 2, 2009

Some Melbourne Food Photos

Okay, so I've been completely lazy in respect to posting since Feb, but after deciding that Canberra needs yet another food blogger, I am back again (albeit with a non-Canberra related post!).

Here are some photos of some absolutely mouthwatering food that I indulged in in Melbourne. Lucky I did lots of walking to burn off the calories. I was very excited that I got to Acland Street and purchased some cakes - I was determined, if I did nothing else, to do that.

As it turns out, I had a wide and interesting variety of food purchases, including some finger limes from Queen Victoria markets which I had never tried before. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of them, but they were quite different from anything I had every tried before - not at all juicy, but long green 'fingers' filled with little pearls of incredibly fragrant limey flavour - more complex and perfumed than either kaffir or Tahitian limes.

And I enjoyed a very stylish and tasty visit with friends to Ginger Boy in the city. Mmmmm...wagyu dumplings are the stuff dreams are made of!!
Plum cake and chocolate Kugelhopf from Monarch Cakes in Acland Street









No comments:

Post a Comment