Sunday, April 19, 2009

Three Delicious Things

Well, since last post I have been quite busy with study, work etc. I have managed to fit in quite a few food adventures, but since my mind was full of assignments etc. I kept on forgetting to take my camera along. Quite sad, as there were lots of lovely things partaken of, including Silo's blueberry and chocolate snail (quite possibly the best pastry I've ever eaten - soooo good!) and a loaf of their delicious sourdough; a yummy meal at the Asian Noodle House at Tuggeranong, with tasty Hainan chicken and Pad Thai, and some great baklava from Little Istanbul next door to the Noodle House.

Anyway, I have a few pictures to go on with from recent times, one being a really warming, spicy, great goulash that my sister made in her slow cooker - so good on a cool Canberra autumn night, some lovely and pretty green tea (made from little rolled 'pearls' that open up in the hot water), and the last one - delicious, but not food related - a gorgeous cat picture (I did promise there might sometimes be random cats in this blog!)

So, onto the next lot of study, with hopefully many more food diversions along the way, and a camera to capture the action! :)


Slow-cooker Hungarian Goulash


Green tea 'Pearls' opening up



One of my favourite cats! Prrrr....

3 comments:

  1. I love the richness of slow cooked dishes - perfect for cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arwen,

    Yes, I have just started getting into slow cooking, my sister got a slow cooker for a wedding present, and after using hers, I loved it and bought one for myself recently. We needed both cookers for the goulash cos there was so much! They are very economical - best with the cheapest cuts of meat and root vegetables :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Random cats + slow cooked food = :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete